NEW to Rococo – Linn Kandid, the best cartridge Linn has ever made
40 years after the introduction of the Linn Sondek LP12, Linn are delighted to announce the arrival of the best sounding cartridge they have ever made – Linn Kandid.
One of the key performance improvements comes as a result of removing the cartridge housing – probably also the most striking aesthetic difference Linn have made to Kandid. Stripping back the housing to expose the motor assembly has resulted in an even purer, cleaner sound than ever before.
More accurate audio reproduction is achieved thanks to the repositioning of the stylus and cantilever within the body of the cartridge. The angle of the magnets and coil in the front pole piece has been off-set so that they are parallel when the record is playing which ensures perfect alignment for accurate movement on the record.
Kandid is the perfect partner for the Linn Ekos SE tonearm. The chassis is machined from the same aircraft grade aluminium as the Linn Ekos SE headshell and features their 3-point mount for completely rigid and accurate coupling with the tonearm.
Linn’s production capacity for Linn Kandid cartridges is limited and as we anticipate very high demand for this product, the lead time for delivery could be up to 6 months, so it’s advisable to place orders as soon as possible.
- Cartridge type: Low output moving coil
- Stylus and cantilever: Slot mounted, 3um x 70um nude line contact diamond in boron cantilever
- Vertical tracking angle: 20 degrees
- Tracking force: 1.72g – 1.77g (1.75g preferred)
- Pin connection type: Flying wire with termination clips
- Recommended load: 70Ω ~ 1kΩ (determine optimum by listening)
- Separation at 1kHz: Better than 35 dB
- Channel balance at 1 kHz: +/- 0.5 dB
- Output at 1 kHz @3.45 cm/s: 0.4 mv
- Weight: 5.7 g (without stylus cover)
This fantastic cartridge is limited so make sure you orders yours and fast! Available at Rococo here.