Linn Sondek LP12 Turntables
Since its introduction over 30 years ago the Sondek LP12 has been the turntable by which all others are judged and each component has been continuously improved to extract even more information from a vinyl record.
At the heart of the Sondek LP12 is Linn’s patented, low-noise, single-point bearing. This advanced yet simple bearing design ensures the smooth motion of the turntable and eliminates noise to ensure that all you hear is the music.
The high mass, perfectly balanced, belt-driven platter maintains speed stability, while the solid wood plinth, suspended sub-chassis and stable arm platform combine to provide freedom from vibration and acoustic feedback.
The combination of these precision-engineered components creates a turntable with an unequalled ability to provide pitch accurate, faithful reproduction of your cherished vinyl collection.
A partnering range of Linn tonearms and cartridges are available to ensure you get the maximum performance from your Sondek LP12.
The Sondek LP12 is available in a choice of high-quality real wood finishes. Our standard finishes are Black Ash, American Cherry, Maple, Rosenut or Walnut and we also offer a custom service for those who want a truly bespoke finish.
- Extremely low-noise patented main bearing
- Perfectly balanced high inertia platter
- Strong, solid kiln-dried wood plinth
- Heavy gauge non-magnetic, brushed satin, stainless steel plate
- Highly efficient 3 point spring damped suspension
- 24-pole precision synchronous low noise, high torque motor
- Precision pulley and Neoprene flat belt
- Lingo external power supply for unsurpassed speed accuracy
- 33rpm + 45rpm
- Type Belt drive analogue turntable with 3-point suspension
- Platter 2 pieces, made of non-magnetic Mazak 8 Production tolerance 0.025 mm, optimal weight distribution
- Platter mat Felt
- Main bearing 1-Point bearing, mirror finish, oil bath
- Suspension 3-Point-Subchassis, 3 adjustable precision springs
- Motor High torque 24-Pol-Synchronous motor, fully screened and mechanically decoupled from main bearing
- Drive Neoprene flat belt, concentric precision pulley (0.01 mm)
- Power supply Lingo, a direct coupled two speed (33.3 rpm and 45 rpm) outboard power supply
- Speed accuracy 0.03%
- Speeds 33 rpm, 45 rpm
- Power consumption 13W
- Dimensions H 140 mm x W 445 mm x D 356 mm
- Weight 10 kg (22 lbs)
- Plinth finishes Black Ash, American Cherry, Rosenut and Walnut