LINN Klimax Solo
Effortless power from the ultimate monoblock amplifier
When it comes to the Linn Klimax Solo, Power amps don’t get any better than this. Defying conventional thinking, Linn ditched the bulk and inefficiency of traditional amps in favour of a fresh approach when we developed our reference monoblock amplifier — and nearly two decades of continuous development have kept the Solo at the top of the tree.
Linn Klimax Solo benefits from discrete bipolar design is unique to the Solo and uses Linn’s famous Dynamik switch mode power supply to deliver 500 W of effortless, instant power across the entire frequency range.
Combine two Solos for truly exceptional stereo amplification or build the ultimate music system using individual Solos for each loudspeaker drive unit in a fully Aktiv set-up, connected to Klimax Exaktboxes.
- Single channel power amp
- 500 W output power (into 4 Ω)
- Discrete bipolar design developed specifically for the Solo
- Specific Dynamik Power Supply design
- Precision-engineered enclosure machined from solid aluminium
- Separate ‘rooms’ for power and audio circuit boards provide electrical and mechanical isolation
- Energy saving automatic signal-sensing circuitry
- Fault detection and protection against excessive loads
- Choice of binding posts or Neutrik speaker connections
Powered by Linn Dynamik
We developed our own switch-mode power supply to generate stable, low noise power rails in a compact, cool-running package: critical to the performance of an amp.
Dynamik is the latest evolution, with higher mains noise isolation, more power and faster response; clearly outperforming bulky and noisy conventional power supplies.
All Linn power amps are designed to be efficient even when not in use. Auto signal-sensing detects the presence of an audio signal and minimises power consumption by reverting to sleep mode when inactive, while fault detection and protection mechanisms help safeguard your system against short circuit or excessive load damage.