PhoenixNET – Audiophile-grade Network Switch
Designed from the ground up for network audio
Typical IT network switches/routers are designed with the sole purpose of taking data from A to B with a noise floor and precision that is “enough” for the rate of transmission. This is fine for data networks but when sensitive components such as DACs and Pre-Amplifiers are involved, it will have an audible impact on sound quality
The PhoenixNET is the realization of Innuos’ philosophy of simplicity and signal purity applied to the network switch. Having started with improvements to the Ethernet ports’ clock on our flagship Statement, Innuos has now taken the concept to the next level with a completely new network switch design that focuses exclusively on audio use.
PhoenixNET – Design is focused on 4 areas: Noise, Clock, Power and Vibration.
- Minimise Network Switch Noise
- Simpler 100mbps network switch chip results in lower operating noise floor compared to Gigabit
- Network switch chip with no internal switching regulators. All 3 independent voltages supplied by internal Statement-grade linear power supply with independent ultra-low noise regulation.
- Massive individual Network Isolation Transformers to further isolate from noise coming from router or connected devices
- Just the right amount of Individually shielded, high quality ethernet ports soldered directly to the board with no ethernet activity lights as blinking leds introduce considerable electrical noise.
- EMI absorption at the right places so that interference produced can be captured before influencing other components.
Increase Clocking Precision and Stability
Using the same 3ppb 25MHz OCXO oscillator as used in the Statement, individually powered by its own linear power supply and connected directly to the network switch chip, avoiding precision losses from using external master clocks.
Provide Pristine Power to the Components
2 independent Statement-grade linear power supplies with Mundorf Caps to power individually the OCXO clock and the mainboard, keeping the power path short with less opportunity for EMI contamination.
Minimise Vibration on Components
Vibration was managed at 3 levels: Anti-Vibration feet tuned to the resonant frequency of the chassis, top cover treatment to convert vibration captured from sound waves into small amounts of heat and sturdy RJ45 ports with silicone connection to the chassis.
Input 1x RJ45
Output 3x RJ45
Mains Supply 230V AC/115V AC – 2 x Internal Linear Power Supply
Power Consumption 3W when idle, 7.5W peak
Dimensions 215mm x 342mm x 87mm (W x D x H)
Weight 5 Kg
In the box PhoenixNET Audiophile-Grade Network Switch
2m Ethernet Cable
Getting Started Guide